Monday 13 February 2017

New Zealand

I am Lucky to be a New Zealander Because:


New Zealand is a great place to live. It is beautiful, we have our native animals, plants and it is also very peaceful. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else! Some other countries don’t have it like we do, they struggle a lot and have very many problems. You might not realize it but we are lucky to live in New Zealand and be New Zealanders, we have it easy.


Here are some examples of living in New Zealand. School,  a lot of our parents might just us drive to school, bike or walk. It sounds crazy that in some other countries kids have to climb mountains, across rivers, walk in the hot hot sun and also ride a dangerous steel zip line 400m above the Rio Negro River! it can take hours for kids to get to school, even 5 hours. But these kids want to go to school so much they cross these dangerous environments to get to school. Wow! That takes a lot of courage to do all that to get to school (I think I’ll just walk/ drive/ bike to school).


Pollution, New Zealand has relatively good air quality due to our low population, close proximity to the sea and we are far from other continents and sources of pollution. We are also trying to lower the amount of pollution in our country (Fact: in north-east of china the smog is so thick it is advised to wear gas masks) Plus we don’t wear gas masks so our country is fine and healthy, however not all countries are like us. According to the World Health Organization Ahvaz, Iran is now the most polluted city in the world. Also with all the constant dust storms, Iran is not getting any better. So let's just keep New Zealand healthy…


New Zealand may be one of the world's best places to live in, you're more likely to be shocked by stunning beach views than by conflict or violence. No one's going to bomb you if you live here, If you do well… you're just unlucky (don’t worry you're not going to get bombed).


You know our native animal? It’s the kiwi, the kiwi is a wonderful bird. You can’t find it anywhere else, that's why it’s our native bird! But don’t mistake a kiwi for a kiwifruit, you don’t eat a kiwi like kiwifruit. The kiwi isn’t the only thing you can find in New Zealand but can’t find it anywhere else… it’s marmite! But I have to admit marmite isn’t my favourite thing to eat, I prefer jam.


Deadly spider and snakes..? Yikes! Those things terrify me! Good thing we don’t have them in New Zealand, I don’t have to check my shoes everyday to make sure there no spiders. Unlike Australia we don’t have tarantulas, Eastern brown snakes (or any snakes for that matter), Blue ring octopus and a lot more. It’s pretty non deadly in New Zealand!


I love living in New Zealand! It’s so wonderful. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, there's too many good things about New Zealand to leave behind!

By Jessica ❦❤  

2 comments:

  1. hi Jessica my name is Ocean i am a year 6 student at kawakawa primary school.I really enjoyed reading your doc about New Zealand I think New Zealand is a great place too.with no deadly creatures it is paradise well in your spare time you could check my blog out : http://kpsoceanv.blogspot.co.nz/ keep the great work up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica I'm Tahnellah from KawaKawa Primary School I really liked your resons of being a New Zealander and why you like living here in New Zealand and Your reasons are like so good and nice and maybe you could check out my class blog and my blog.The School one is http://kpsjbaker.blogspot.co.nz/ my one is http://kpstahnellahs.blogspot.co.nz/
    have fun byeee..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.